Those looking for online courses have an unlimited choice to consider. But for marketers, bloggers, professionals, and students, Thinkific and Teachable are two best choices.
Teachable is a highly trusted and credited online e-learning platform that was initially known as Fedora before it changed its name in 2014. Teachable is headquartered in New York, USA.
Thinkific is an eLearning platform headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. It was founded in 2012 and boasts over 25 thousand course creations, over 100 million dollars earned, and over 11.4 million enrolled students.
In this post, we’re going to have an in-depth outlook of Thinkific vs Teachable.
Comparing the Strengths of the Two Platforms
Thinkific and teachable aren’t equal when it comes to usability, reliability, and performance. Each of these sites excels in different areas.
Strengths of Thinkific
- The integrations are entirely innate
- Zero transaction fee on all the plans
- Comes with voiceover/ narrated presentations
- Offers an extensive range of selectable themes
- In-built mechanisms for easy student surveying
Strengths of Teachable
- Drag-and-drop content unlock system
- The unique and creative blogging feature
- IOS app to streamline the way students access content online
- Course compliance features such as graded quiz completion, lecture order, and video watching enforcements.
- High conversion-friendly systems
- Integrated Course certification systems
- Easy content importation from OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox
Thinkific vs Teachable: Performance and Uptime
The best course builder should have superior performance and minimal downtime. When comparing Thinkific and Teachable, Thinkific stands out.
Thinkific provides an around the clock website monitoring to deliver over 99.9 uptime and performance. Most Thinkific downtime and responsiveness issues are solved within the shortest time possible.
In the case of Teachable, while the technical support team monitors the site to ensure optimal runtime, it experiences responsiveness and downtime issues once in a while. Teachable users claim to have experienced performance and uptime issues such as intermittent connectivity issues, 504 and latency issues, and problems updating billing data.
Teachable vs Thinkific: Security Measures
Cybersecurity threats are major issues website developers, and owners have to deal with every day. Integrating websites to online payment systems doubles if not triples the threats. Thinkific and teachable addresses cybersecurity issues from different angles.
The two platforms provide secure cloud hosting to ensure data safety all-round the clock, and consistent automated data backups to prevent data loss. Both platforms have built-in SSL certificates to secure every content bit. They as well send security updates regularly to ensure you’re fully protected.
The absolute ownership feature gives you total control over your data. Other security features include but not PCI level-1 compliant payment system integrations, system monitoring, and regular security updates.
When it comes to optimal security and threat prevention, Thinkific stands out in all aspects. It does ensure optimal uptime alongside superior security.
Thinkific vs Teachable Marketing Features
When launching a course, you want an online course builder and marketplace that provides superior marketing and sales services. When comparing teachable and Thinkific depending on the quality of the marketing features, you’ll discover that teachable stands out.
Teachable offers one of the most terrific tools and capabilities to enable you to run the most promising marketing campaign.
Thinkific Marketing Features
- Thinkific allows users to integrate their sites to more than 1000 external marketing tools
- It will enable you to connect with different email providers to run customized marketing campaigns.
- Enables you to leverage data tracking to optimize and regulate your marketing campaigns.
- Supports ad analytics and tracking through platforms such as Google AdWords and Facebook.
- It allows for seamless use of affiliate marketing platforms to improve the efficiency of marketing campaigns.
Teachable Marketing Features
- Allows for the simple addition of conversion pixels to websites to measure the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Connects and allows payments through more than 130 international currencies
- It allows you to integrate your marketing campaigns to marketing tools such as Infusionsoft, MailChimp, and Mixpanel.
- It allows users to use the customized landing page builder to improve sales.
- Provides personalized bundled course offerings, one-time fees, and subscription payment plans.
- It allows you to personalize your marketing campaigns with coupon codes and promotions.
Thinkific vs Teachable: Analytics
When running marketing campaigns for your online course selling a business, you want to get real-time notifications on the efficiency and performance of such campaigns. And that’s why there is a need to have the right analytics tools so you can get real-time insights on how successful the campaigns you’re running are.
Thinkific and teachable offer users different types of analytics tools that differ in performance and reliability.
Thinkific Analytics features and Tools
- Thinkific provides an option for you to send email broadcasts to chosen groups in your user base
- Allows you to run customized campaigns targeted for your target group of learners
- Provides quick and easy integration to data analytics platforms such as remarketing tools, Facebook, and Google AdWords
- Enables you to evaluate individual student’s statuses through unique filters
Teachable Analytics Features and Tools
- Offers first and last touch attributions to allow you to tell the kind of campaign that leads a student to enroll in your online courses.
- Enables users to leverage robust integration through Zapier to allow them to create and send personalized course-related events to marketing tools of all types.
- Enables you to seamlessly export student information and the course revenue data to ensure the easy creation of actionable insights.
- It allows you to determine lecturers’ completion rates so you can easily pay them via different student accounts.
- Enables you to track student signups and revenue.
Teachable Vs. Thinkific: Wrap Up
Both Teachable and Thinkific are great deals when it comes to online course creation and selling. The two platforms offer the most terrific solutions for anyone looking to sell their tutorials and courses online.
Teachable stands out in different areas, including in marketing and sales and analytics tools. As for Thinkific, it’s the perfect choice of a platform to consider if you want no-nonsense security, superior uptime, and unmatched performance and security.
Teachable has a drag-and-drop builder to enable you to create customized websites and tutorials, while Thinkific has a 24-hour website monitoring that ensures lasting reliability and efficiency.